Painful sex suggests that you may have vaginal atrophy, shrinkage of the vaginal tissue. The most common cause is aging or menopause. But health conditions like on birth control, Mirena IUD, breastfeeding, hysterectomy and cancer therapy can also cause vaginal atrophy. Due to tissue shrinkage, you may experience painful sex or not be able to have sexual intercourse.
After using NeuEve products, most women (76%) with severe painful sex find relief in less than 1 month, 86% in less than 3 months, 92% less than 6 months, and only 8% take longer than 6 months, based on our survey of >300 customers.
For a healthy woman, delayed recovery often is associated with a single product use, skipping doses, not taking calcium, vitamin D3-K2 and sea buckthorn oil supplements, and/or not using a set of dilators. Certain health conditions may cause delayed recovery. These include cancer treatment like chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and antiestrogen therapy like Tamoxifen and aromatase inhibitors, and autoimmune disease like Sjogren's syndrome.
Over 100,000 women have achieved complete recovery from painful sex after using NeuEve. But it is not a quick fix. Recovery of vaginal atrophy takes time. But there are some tips to help you speed up the recovery:
1) Use NeuEve products more frequently
You can start with a NeuEve suppository based on your age. If you are over 55, you can start with NeuEve Silk and move up to Silver after 2-4 months. If you are 45-55, you may start with Silver and move up to Gold in 2-4 months. If you are under 45, you may start directly from Gold. You can add the NeuEve vulva balm cream as a combination to help speed up the recovery.
The recommended application frequencies for NeuEve suppositories are once every 4 days for Silk, once every 5 days for Silver, and once a week for Gold. To get a head start, you can double dose (use it twice as frequently) for the first month or any month you feel you are falling behind, like using Silk or Silver once every other day, and Gold once every 3 days . After your painful sex is relieved, you can switch to the recommended application frequency for health maintenance.
2) Combine the use of NeuEve suppository and balm cream
If you have just used the suppository or the balm cream and got a slow recovery, you may achieve a more rapid recovery by using both the suppository and balm cream.
Aging puts two different stresses on the vaginal tissue: dryness and atrophy. The NeuEve Cream is good at relieving dryness by reviving dormant mucus glands. The NeuEve suppository is good at reversing atrophy by nourishing the shrunken tissue. The combination can help you achieve a faster recovery from both dryness and atrophy.
Using one product can help you find relief from these two different discomforts if symptoms are mild. If symptoms are severe, we recommend that you use a combination of NeuEve cream and the Silk suppository to get a more rapid recovery.
3) Perform vaginal dilation exercise
To reverse tissue atrophy you need to regain the elasticity. Dilation exercise physically stretches the tissue and NeuEve provides nutrients to promote tissue growth. Both promote the synthesis of elastic fibers.
You can find a set of vaginal dilators at www.neueve.com/dilators. Start from a smaller size and move up gradually. Do a 20-minute exercise twice per day.
If you do not suffer from pain, but only have dryness and tightness, you can use regular dilators.
If you suffer from pelvic pain, such as pain associated with vulvodynia, vaginismus, endometriosis, or from an unknown cause, we recommend magnetic dilators, which promote local blood circulation, help regrow the atrophied tissue, and facilitate pain reduction.
Dilators are good investment because one set lasts a lifetime.
When you purchase the dilator set, we recommend that you get the full collection. If you do not need smaller sizes, please choose a combination that includes all large sizes.
A customer had severe atrophy and could only start with the smallest size. To save money, she chose a group that has 4 smaller sizes. After 3 months, she moved up to size 4 but she forgot that her set of dilators had only smaller sizes. There are yet 3 larger sizes. Her progress stopped at size 4 for a year. Having continued painful sex, she concluded that dilators did not work and left a bad review.
We contacted this customer and found out that her inability to make progress was due to smaller dilator sizes. After trying larger dilators, she found ultimate relief.
Thus, when you choose dilators, size matters.
This article provides the instruction about how to use the dilators with NeuEve:
4) Take suggested dietary supplements
This article introduce foods and supplements that may promote vaginal atrophy relief:
The most important dietary supplements are calcium, vitamin D3+K2, and sea buckthorn oil (https://www.neueve.com/products/sea-buckthorn).
If you can follow the suggestions listed above and in the article, you may soon find relief.
Good health maintenance with continuous use of NeuEve is important. It can stop and reverse vaginal atrophy.
Tips about using dilators:
1) Avoid overstretching. It is understandable that one may wish to move up the sizes quickly to get a more rapid recovery. However, this can be counterproductive. The recovery of vaginal atrophy is a slow process. Moving up the dilator sizes too quickly or skipping sizes can cause overstretching, which in turn can tear the atrophied tissue to cause injuries. Please do not skip the sizes and try the largest dilator first. Please be patient and do the exercise with a stepwise increment to avoid possible injuries due to overstretching. Please give one size dilator at least 3-4 weeks to allow tissue to catch up the growth before moving up to the next size.
2) Preventing UTI. Physically, dilation exercise is like sexual intercourse. The penetration movement can mobilize bacteria normally on the skin into the bladder to cause UTI. You will need to pee immediately after each exercise to prevent UTI. Urination can flush out any bacteria that entered the bladder during the dilation exercise. Therefore, drinking a lot of water before exercise helps build up the urinating flushing pressure and prevent UTI.