I have tried NeuEve suppositories, but I still feel dry. Also, my eyes and mouth also feel terribly dry. Is there anything that I can do to help improve this dryness?
Since you have dry eyes, dry mouth, and vaginal dryness, you may consider asking your doctor to test you for Sjogren’s. It is an autoimmune disease that causes glands to dry out, including the glands in the eyes, mouth, and vaginal tract. If Sjogren's syndrome is diagnosed, there is no cure for this condition. However, there are natural remedies to manage it. Below are my recommendations:
- Sea buckthorn oil (2,000 mg a day). This special oil from the berries of a cold-weather shrub is a special fatty acid called omega-7. It is very helpful at improving lubrication throughout the body – including tears, saliva, and vagina.
- Other treatments helpful for dry eyes and mouth include: Take a B-complex vitamin (50 mg a day), and sugar-free lemon drops or chewing gum.
- Check for food allergies. Get your blood tested for wheat allergy. Women with Sjogren's often have allergies to gluten. If the wheat allergy is an issue, stop eating bread and pasta will help you relieve dryness symptoms.
- Take probiotics regularly, such as Dannon yogurt, Activia, etc.
- Continue using NeuEve for managing vaginal dryness.
- Drink plenty of water and use a humidifier in the house.